The awesome Nostra from Myfilmviews.com asked me to design the logo for the blogathon and co-host the blogathon. It’s a simple and fun! Here’s what you have to do:
1. Write a blog post about it
2. Include one of the blogathon logos from this page in your post
3. Add a link to this blogathon announcement so others can participate as well.
4. Leave a comment there with a link to your post
So without further ado, here’s my blogathon answers~
1. What was the first movie you saw in the cinema and what do you remember about that visit?
The first movie that i saw was probably Home Alone (or Home Alone 2 can’t rememember for sure), i think i was 5 or 6 years old at that time. I enjoyed it definitely but i remember halfway through the film my baby sister was crying bloody murder and my dad have to go out of the theater to comfort her.
2. Are there any movies you have very strong memories of which are not because of the movie (for example something which happened at the time you were watching it)?
Lo Impossible or The Impossible (2012), give me such a strong impact. It portrays the tsunami of 2004 that wiped several south east asian countries, including Aceh, Indonesia. I went there in 2006 for my undergrad thesis and i saw some of the remaining aftermath of the tsunami in both Banda Aceh and Meulaboh, even a year after the Tsunami, there were still a lot of devastating remains. I visit all the sites and it just affects me greatly to see what the people went through. And i guess the film successfully capture that even in a small, personal scale.
3. Which movies had a big impact on you and changed a (small) part of your view on life?
Cast Away (2000)
4. Do you have any comfort movies which you return to because you are in a specific mood (for example if you are feeling down/nursing a heartbreak)?
Les Amours Imaginaires (2010) and Weekend (2011) probably are two films that i watched most during a bleak, rainy day (which is happening a lot right now as it is currently pouring daily in my city).
5. If a movie would be made about your life, what type of movie would it be and who would you like to portray you?
For some reason i think something like Frances Ha (2012) which i loved, despite the fact that i despise mumblecore genre. Part character study, part human drama, imbued with a healthy dose of joy. Portrayed by someone like Renée Zellweger in Bridget Jones’s Diary. With an addition of a love interest, preferably played by Tom Hiddleston (isn’t it obvious?) or any British heartthrob, with cinematography by Hoyte Van Hoytema, and directed by Xavier Dolan.
6. Which existing movie best represents you?
Frances Ha (2012).
7. If you knew you would die tomorrow, what would be the last movie you would want to see?
Geez i really don’t know what to do, i probably watch my favorite films (Les Amours Imaginaires, Weekend, A Little Romance, etc) or for some reason i am thinking of Amour (2012)
8. If you can spend your life working in the film industry, what would you be and why? (you know, director, producer, actor, cinematographer, costume designer, sound designer etc?)
I would love to be a costume designer because i love fashion in general but i would prefer to be involved in art direction and design production of a film. I think art director and production designer would be the one that responsible to elevate a movie by building the world of a film. Something from decorating the bedroom of Tom Hansen walls in (500) Days of Summer to creating the future dystopia of Elysium.
2. What is your favorite movie relationship and why?
I really adore the kind of relationship of Tim and Mary in About Time, just adorable! But i love the dynamic of relationship between Jesse and Celine in the Linklater’s Before trilogy.
3. When did your love for movies start and how has it grown?
I think my love for films begin when i was very little, my parents usually take me to the cinema once a month (a habit that we still have up until now actually). Back then we had this video rental for Laser Discs and VHS so every weekend i’d be watching different films as kids (although probably dominated by Disney releases back then). But i think it’s what made movies become an integral part of my lifestyle even as an adult.
4. If you have to choose one film to watch with your loved one, what would it be and why?
If i have a significant other i hope he’d be charmed by Love Actually or About Time. Right now my loved ones is my family and no matter how many repeats we had, we always love the hindi film, 3 Idiots (2009).
5. If you can choose one character from a movie to be your significant other who would it be and why?
Weirdly enough it’s Nikki Lauda from Rush (2013) portrayed by Daniel Brühl, i like how grounded and strategic(?) he is, he knows what he want and he works hard towards his dream, yet he knows when to stop and realistic. I guess that’s an admirable quality in a man, that can easily captivates me.
6. What was the first movie that made you fall in in love with film and cinema?
Titanic (1997) definitely come to mind. I think i saw the a behind the scene program on the film shortly after and realize how much work and dedication goes into a film. I think it’s a very admirable film and James Cameron is such a visionaire (which he emphasized further through Avatar (2009)) and it is the first film that made me think that cinema is such a grand, grand thing.
7. How did your passion for movies turn you into a movie blogger?
I think i just reached a point where i really like watching films and talking about it. Some of my friends encourage me to write my opinion and thoughts of the films i’ve seen. The lengthy version involve N (of course) which you could read here :)
8. What is your favorite date from a movie?
I find the IKEA date in (500) Days of Summer as well as the running through ships in Titanic is equally charming :) But for some reason i really like non-date-yet-felt-like-a-date conversations in Weekend as well as Before Sunset/Sunrise/Midnight.
Are you taking part of this blogathon as well, please do if you haven’t already! Would love to see everybody’s responses :D