Eventhough ‘Blue Is The Warmest Color‘, apparently Pantone decided that 2014 color of the year is Radiant Orchid (haha), thus the purple color on my post banner. I had a great time in 2013. Especially if you see what happen to my blog from June 2013 up till now. I had this blog for almost two years (in the upcoming august). But i am quite happy with what happen in the last 7 month. The blog got a major reconstruction and re-design, which i’m quite content with up till now. There’s a lot of room for improvement that i hope to deal with when i do my annual redesign later this year.
According to both wordpress annual blogging summary, my letterboxd account, and my own blog. Here’s the year 2013 of KaramelKinema in numbers:
- I had 44.000+ hits (significant improvement from the 2000+ i had last year)
- I published 200 new posts.
- The highest hit i had was 457 hits in a day
- The post with the highest hits is The Wolverine (2013)
- I watched 235+ films in 2013 ( it’s more than that i’m sure, but i only joined letterboxd in June)
- I joined 4 blogathons and 1 movie meme.
- I attended 4 film festivals, and
- I joined LAMB (proud #1652)!
Here are some of my favorite things i blogged in 2013!
Movie-wise it has been an adventurous year for me! I tried a lot of foreign films and really venture out of my comfort zone (not counting horror of course). I had fun doing interviews and i wished i could find more filmmakers who were willing to do answer my questions :D. It’s also fun to get to know more movie bloggers from around the globe as well as getting my first ever hate comment saying how appalling my grammar is (which shouldn’t bother me, considering that English is not even my first language, but shocked me nevertheless).
But i’m already excited for 2014! I hope i can maintain my regular posts and improve my the writing and content for my blog :)
Coming, very, soon: 2013 BestList(s)